What to do next


I am sure you have all been in this position – you finished your novel and the edits, and you think – What do I do next?

Time to have someone else read it. Time to do a full read-through and make sure it all fits.  Did the edits work? Did you edit too much? Did you leave out words when you were editing? There are so many little things that have to be done now to make sure everything is ready to be sent out to an editor or agent. Do I send it off to one final critique partner or do I send it to a Beta Reader now?
If you had mentioned this option several months ago, I would not know what a Beta Reader was. Now, after doing some research, I understand their purpose.  So the time has come to have a full read through. I just need to find the right person to read it through and make sure everything flows in the story and makes sense.

Okay, now that I have settled that step, I can decide what to do next.  If you are like me, you have several books on the back burner – sequels to other books, prequels perhaps, or even brand new novels percolating in your brain.

It’s time to pour over my cache of ideas – see what would be the best move – should I edit a different novel or begin a new one?

What would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment