What People Wore in the 1700s

Since I am currently writing a series of novels which take place in the 1700s, I thought it would be great to show pictures of clothing worn during that time.  If you are like me, you like to see authentic clothing so it makes it easier to describe it while writing.  I was lucky enough to travel to Williamsburg last summer and took tons of pictures.  The interpreters wear clothing that has been thoroughly researched as clothing worn during the time leading up to the Revolutionary War.  That said, the pictures you see are ones I took while there and show people in various levels of society and what they wore.

If you want more information about what people wore, please visit the following site: Colonial Williamsburg Clothing.

In the meantime, enjoy pictures of how people dressed in the 18th century.












































As you have seen in the pictures, people in different classes wore different types of clothing. One of the things I hate to do when I am researching is jump from one place to another - whether it be different sites or different books. My hope here is the ease a person can find what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment