Why is it?

I'm sitting here writing and editing my book The Perfect Gentleman, when I realized something.  Writing rejuvenates me.  After a long day at work, up at 5:15 and working non-stop, I come home, do more work for my job, then I start writing.  So, I should be exhausted.  But I'm not.  As soon as I open the files and start writing, it's like I'm transported to another time and place.  I watch and listen to my characters as they move about scenes I created and before I know it, it's past midnight and I know in the back of my mind, if I don't sleep soon, I'll be exhausted again.

Noise is all around me.  Children talking, the television blaring and yet I can still write.  Seems almost impossible doesn't it.  Some writers I know have to find a special place to write.  They need solitude.  They need hours upon hours of time to pump out the book they want to sell.  For me, writing is therapeutic.  It heals whatever weakens my soul.

For many years, I typed on a desktop in an office, playing my music in the background, surrounded by all things that could inspire me.  After my kids went to bed, I would write for hours.  Then my husband realized how much he missed me, so I got a laptop.  This was so I could still write, but sit with him.  After all, he only really needed my presence.  So, I would plug in my headphones and write.  Write for hours again.

Which brings me to where I am now.  Laptop here - check.  Music on - check.  TV on for children or husband - check.  Dogs lying all around me - check.  And finally, inspiration firmly in tact.

I hope your writing experiences are just as exciting as mine.  Happy Writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment