Time to work on the addition

Yesterday, I worked on the first sex scene between the hero and heroine.  When I say I worked on it, I have to admit it was already written - at least the skeleton of it was done.  Time to fine tune it.  Fine tuning is my specialty.  Going in and adding the nuances.  It's like decorating your house.  You paint the walls first, choose the right carpet or flooring, then you move in the furniture.  The finishing touches include pictures and knickknacks.  The nice thing about decorating a room is that you can change it up when you get bored, just like when you write a sex scene.  You can start off sweet, but then you can change it to steamy if you want.

I know what you're thinking - we all like it hot and steamy.  Right?  But admit it, sometimes you like it slow with all the bells and whistles.

So, when I edit, sometimes I have to change it.  Sometimes it needs just a bit of tweaking and sometimes it needs a lot of work, because as we write, our characters get more fully developed and we realize when we reread that maybe, just maybe, our sweet heroine is really a tigress in disguise and just needed the right man to bring it out.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment